A long waited release Ubuntu 16.04 has finally been made available to download with some new & interesting features. Ubuntu 16.04 is a long-term supported release that means once you install Ubuntu 16.04 , it’s going to provide security updates, bug fixes and applications updates for 5 years with no if and but. Ubuntu and other family members’ (Ubuntu Mate, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu etc.) 16.04 version can be downloaded and installed.
This article is just an overview of what’s new in Ubuntu 16.04 release. The more in depth article will be posted soon describing more about new feature and how you can use new features. But for now, just see the overview and download the .iso file for your favorite Ubuntu member and install it.
Ubuntu 16.04 Is Now Available To Download
What’s New In Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus"
- Ubuntu Software Center has been replaced with GNOME software
- GNOME Calendar comes installed by dafault
- Empathy and Brasero not installed by default
- Online searches in the dash disabled by default
- All default applications and libraries ported to use WebKit 2
- More Supported languages by default
What’s Updated In Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial Xerus"
- Linux Kernel 4.4
- Python 3
- VIM default to python 3
- Golang 1.6
- OpenSSH 7.2p2
- GNU toolchain
- Apt 1.2
- Unity & Compiz Updated latest versions
- All default applications have been updated to their latest versions
- Improved HiDPI support in the greeter
Download Ubuntu 16.04
Download Xubuntu 16.04
Download Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
Download Ubuntu MATE 16.04
Download Kubuntu 16.04
Download Lubuntu 16.04
The More Detailed Review Is On The Way
As this is just the notification of the latest release of Ubuntu 16.04 . The more detailed article will be posted soon with all the latest and features included in this version. I’ll also explain that how you can upgrade from any older Ubuntu version to Ubuntu 16.04 .