I am a firm believer in the value of continuing education. These days, the half-life on knowledge of any particular technical topic seems to be less than a year. Put another way, once you stop learning your knowledge base will be just about obsolete within 2 or 3 years!
In order to make sure that you stay on top of your field, you need to decide to learn something new every week. Continuous learning will leave you in a great position to capitalize on the latest and greatest languages, tools, and technologies. By committing to a career marked by lifelong learning, you can be sure that your skills will remain relevant in the face of all of this change.
Keeping all of this in mind, I am happy to be able to announce that we will be holding anAWS DevDay in San Francisco on June 21 st .The day will be packed with technical sessions, live demos, and hands-on workshops, all focused on some of today’s hottest and most relevant topics. If you attend the AWS DevDay, you will also have the opportunity to meet and speak with AWS engineers and to network with the AWS technical community.
Here are the tracks:
- Serverless – Build and run applications without having to provision, manage, or scale infrastructure. We will demonstrate how you can build a range of applications from data processing systems to mobile backends to web applications.
- Containers – Package your application’s code, configurations, and dependencies into easy-to-use building blocks. Learn how to run Docker-enabled applications on AWS.
- IoT – Get the most out of connecting IoT devices to the cloud with AWS. We will highlight best practices using the cloud for IoT applications, connecting devices with AWS IoT, and using AWS endpoints.
- Mobile – When developing mobile apps, you want to focus on the activities that make your app great and not the heavy lifting required to build, manage, and scale the backend infrastructure. We will demonstrate how AWS helps you easily develop and test your mobile apps and scale to millions of users.
We will also be running a series of hands-on workshops that day:
- Zombie Apocalypse Workshop: Building Serverless Microservices.
- Develop a Snapchat Clone in One Hour.
- Connecting to AWS IoT.
Registration and Location
There’s no charge for this event, but space is limited and you need toregister quickly in order to attend.
All sessions will take place at the AMC Metreon at 135 4 th Street in San Francisco.