Timekpr is a parental control application that can be used to track and control the computer usage. Using it, you can limit an user’s login time duration and access hours or lock accounts with a click.
The Timekpr development stopped a while back, but it was later continued with a fork, called Timekpr-Revived , which works with recent Ubuntu versions.
- limit users’ daily usage of the computer based on a time access duration and configure times of day when they can or cannot login;
- option to lock accounts;
- option to bypass restrictions for today;
- add time rewards / penalties;
- client functionality from the original Timekpr app changed to better inform user about time he has left
- Ubuntu AppIndicator / notifications.
The latest Timekpr-Revived 0.3.6, released recently, adds quite a few changes, including:
- UI ported to GTK3;
- speech synth implemented using python-espeak;
- added speech, first notification options and about menu;
- added Ubuntu 16.04 support;
- loginctl now filters only active users;
- Timekpr now uses DBUS for notifications where it’s possible;
- various cleanup, fixes and reorganization of the project to make it more streamlined.
Note that the version in the official Timekpr-Revived PPA is built with GTK2 for now.
I should also mention that the Ubuntu AppIndicator only shows up after you restart the session (logout/login). From the indicator, you can see the time remaining (clicking "Time left…" in the indicator menu triggers a notification that displays the remaining time), option to enable/disable notifications as well as launch the Timekpr GUI:
Timekpr should work on most Ubuntu flavors, including Ubuntu with Unity, Ubuntu MATE and Xubuntu. Kubuntu 16.04 is not currently supported, according to the Timekpr 0.3.6 release announcement
Install Timekpr (Revived) In Ubuntu or Linux Mint Via PPA
To add the Timekpr (Revived) PPA and install the latest version of the app in Ubuntu, Linux Mint and derivatives, use the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mjasnik/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install timekpr
Report any bugs you may find @ Launchpad
转载本站任何文章请注明：转载至神刀安全网，谢谢神刀安全网 » Parental Control App Timekpr (Fork) 0.3.6 Released With Ubuntu 16.04 Support