1) Brian Behlendorf, developer of Apache web-server software, announced as the Hyperledger Project’s new executive director.
Senior Linux kernel developer Greg Kroah-Hartman supervised the major security improvements in Linux 4.6. Full release review in Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols’ article for ZDNet
2) Linux 4.6 provides improved security, ARM support, & gaming hardware support.
3) OpenDaylight executive director Neela Jacques explains the ubiquity of open source.
The Shift in Open Source: A New Kind of Platform War – NetworkWorld
4) Adam Jaffe testifies in the Oracle’s copyright infringement case against Google.
Economist: There Was No ‘Fair Use’ of Java APIs in Android – eWeek
5) Major security vulnerability in the Symantec Antivirus Engine has been uncovered and could compromise Linux, Mac and Windows PCs.
Security Hole in Symantec Antivirus Exposes Windows, Linux and Macs – SecurityBrief NZ