Oh, also, I redesigned the site a little.
- Most stuff is the same. It’s the same fonts, just using Source Sans Pro more and the type is in general a bit larger. Same organization. Same site sections.
- It’s on a brand new server over at Media Temple. It’s a custom build running PHP 7 with OPCache, MariaDB, nginx-only, SSD hard drives. The site hasn’t felt this fast in years , particularly the logged-in, uncached, back-end, database-y stuff. Perhaps most cool: it’s HTTP/2 now!
- Every mid-article header has a unique ID now. Hover over them to reveal a # link. This way you can link to parts of any article.
- Andrew Norcross helped me with a bunch of stuff. High five, Andrew. We’re still working on some stuff, like getting responsive images working across the entire site and the CDN working again. That’s a default feature of WordPress now, only it doesn’t work for me because of the custom markup I’ve long-used for images. We’ll get it though. Speaking of Andrew, we’re also using his Can I Use… shortcode plugin , so I can drop in browser support tables where needed that will stay up to date automatically.
- The stripy background stuff is LukyVJ’s mixin .
There’s a forum thread discussing the design if you care participate in that. There’s even a new feature in the forums: if you created a thread, you can mark people’s responses as "good answers" if you want to.