Percona is glad to announce the GA release ofPercona Server 5.7.12-5 on June 6, 2016. Download the latest version from thePercona web siteor from the Percona Software Repositories .
Based on MySQL 5.7.12 , including all the bug fixes in it, Percona Server 5.7.12-5 is the current GA release in the Percona Server 5.7 series. All of Percona’s software is open-source and free, all the details of the release can be found in the 5.7.12-5 milestone at Launchpad .
MEMORYstorage engine did not support
JSONcolumns. Bug fixed #1536469 .
- When Read Free Replication was enabled for TokuDB and there was no explicit primary key for the replicated TokuDB table there could be duplicated records in the table on update operation. The fix disables Read Free Replication for tables without explicit primary key and does rows lookup for
DELETEbinary log events and issues warning. Bug fixed #1536663 ( #950 ).
- Attempting to execute a non-existing prepared statement with Response Time Distribution plugin enabled could lead to a server crash. Bug fixed #1538019 .
- TokuDB was using using different memory allocators, this was causing safemalloc warnings in debug builds and crashes because memory accounting didn’t add up. Bug fixed #1546538 ( #962 ).
- Adding an index to an InnoDB temporary table while
expand_fast_index_creationwas enabled could lead to server assertion. Bug fixed #1554622 .
- Percona Server was missing the
innodb_numa_interleaveserver variable. Bug fixed #1561091 (upstream #80288 ).
SHOW STATUSin parallel to online buffer pool resizing could lead to server crash. Bug fixed #1577282 .
- InnoDB crash recovery might fail if
innodb_flush_methodwas set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1529885 .
- Fixed heap allocator/deallocator mismatch in Metrics for scalability measurement . Bug fixed #1581051 .
- Percona Server is now built with system zlib library instead of the older bundled one. Bug fixed #1108016 .
- CMake would fail if TokuDB tests passed. Bug fixed #1521566 .
- Reduced the memory overhead per page in the InnoDB buffer pool. The fix was based on Facebook patch #91e979e . Bug fixed #1536693 (upstream #72466 ).
CREATE TABLE ... LIKE ...could create a system table with an unsupported enforced engine. Bug fixed #1540338 .
- Change buffer merge could throttle to 5% of I/O capacity on an idle server. Bug fixed #1547525 .
- Parallel doublewrite memory was not freed with
innodb_fast_shutdownwas set to
2. Bug fixed #1578139 .
- Server will now show more descriptive error message when Percona Server fails with
errno == 22 "Invalid argument", if
innodb_flush_methodwas set to
ALL_O_DIRECT. Bug fixed #1578604 .
- The error log warning
Too many connectionswas only printed for connection attempts when
max_connections + one SUPERhave connected. If the extra
SUPERis not connected, the warning was not printed for a non-SUPER connection attempt. Bug fixed #1583553 .
apt-cache showcommand for
innotopincluded as part of the package. Bug fixed #1201074 .
- A replication slave would fail to connect to a master running 5.5. Bug fixed #1566642 (upstream #80962 ).
- Upgrade logic for figuring if TokuDB upgrade can be performed from the version on disk to the current version was broken due to regression introduced when fixing bug #684 in Percona Server 5.7.11-4. Bug fixed #717 .
- Fixed jemalloc version parsing error. Bug fixed #528 .
ALTER TABLEwas run while
tokudb_auto_analyzevariable was enabled it would trigger auto-analysis, which could lead to a server crash if
ALTER TABLE DROP KEYwas used because it would be operating on the old table/key meta-data. Bug fixed #945 .
tokudb_pk_insert_modesession variable has been deprecated and the behavior will be that of the former
1. The optimization will be used where safe and not used where not safe. Bug fixed #952 .
- Bug in TokuDB Index Condition Pushdown was causing
ORDER BY DESCto reverse the scan outside of the
WHEREbounds. This would cause query to hang in a
sending datastate for several minutes in some environments with large amounts of data (3 billion records) if the
ORDER BY DESCstatement was used. Bugs fixed #988 , #233 , and #534 .
Other bugs fixed: #1510564 (upstream #78981 ), #1533482 (upstream #79999 ), #1553166 , #1496282 ( #964 ), #1496786 ( #956 ), #1566790 , #718 , #914 , #937 , #954 , #955 , #970 , #971 , #972 , #976 , #977 , #981 , #982 , #637 , and #982 .
Release notes for Percona Server 5.7.12-5 are available in the online documentation. Please report any bugs on the launchpad bug tracker .