Desktop client for Google Hangouts
(This app is in no way associated with or endorsed by Google)
We provideprebuilt binaries for Mac OS X, Linux 32 / 64 and Windows 32 / 64.
This is thelatest release. We lovebug reports!
What does it do:
- Send/receive chat messages
- Create/change conversations (rename, add people)
- Leave/delete conversation
- Toggle notifications on/off
- Drag-drop, copy-paste or attach-button for image upload.
- Hangupsbot sync room aware (no bot name, proper user pics)
- Show inline images
- Send presence/focus/typing/activeclient to behave like a proper client
- History scrollback
- Video/audio integration (open in chrome)
- Focus/typing indications (mainly a design issue. keep it clean)
- Offer alternative color schemes
This is an open source project. Please help us!
$ npm install $ npm run gulp
$ npm run gulp watch
$ npm run electron app
Build Binaries for Deployment
$ npm run deploy
src/: is where sources live
src/ui/: holds renderer code (client side)
YakYak.app/: is where the app is built
YakYak.app/Contents/Resources/app/: specifically all is compiled to here