Wt: an introduction
Wt (pronounced as witty ) is a C++ library for developing web applications.
The library comes with an application server that acts as a stand-alone Http(s)/WebSocket server or integrates through FastCGI with other web servers.
- Layout usingHTML templates or intelligentlayout managers and themable look-and-feel, including support for Twitter Bootstrap versions 2 or 3.
- Create and maintain complexity by using and building reusable and self-contained widgets.
- Comes with a large set of feature-rich widgets that includeform widgets,table andtree views, dialogs ,popup menu’s, etc…
- Unifiedgraphics APIs, 2D (SVG, HTML5 Canvas, VML, PNG, and PDF) & 3D (client side WebGL and server-side OpenGL).
- Feature richHTML to PDF renderer for dynamic report generation.
- Elegant template-based C++ Database abstraction layer (Wt::Dbo)
- Built-in security against common vulnerabiliets such as XSS(Cross-Site-Scripting) or CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery)
Typical use scenarios:
- High performance, complex web applications which are fully personalized (and thus cannot benefit from caching), fully Ajax enabled and at the same time entirely accessible and Search Engine Optimized.
- Web-based GUIs for embedded systems benefit from the low footprint of a C++ web application server.
- Web-based GUIs that require integration with (existing) C++ libraries , for example for scientific or engineering applications, or existing C++ desktop applications .