To read last week’s post, see The week in .NET – 6/14/2016 .
Last week, we spoke with Pratap Lakshman about MS Test, and about running tests for .NET Core in general.
This week, we’ll speak with Jeremy Kuhne about long path support .
Package of the week: Stuntman
Testing and debugging user-specific scenarios can be cumbersome. Switching between users in a test environment should be fast and easy. Stuntman is a library for impersonating users during development that leverages .NET Claims Identity.
Control of the week: Telerik DataForm for Xamarin
The Telerik DataForm for Xamarin control enables the creation of rich mobile forms with validation, collapsible groups, and custom editors.
Book of the week: Machine Learning Projects for .NET Developers by Mathias Brandewinder
Machine Learning Projects for .NET Developers will teach you how to build smarter .NET applications that learn from data, using simple algorithms and techniques that can be applied to a wide range of real-world problems. You’ll code machine learning logic in F# in the familiar setting of Visual Studio. If you’re new to F#, this book will give you everything you need to get started. If you’re already familiar with F#, this is your chance to use the language in an exciting new context.
Game of the Week: Smashy Brick
Smashy Brick is a casual new age take on Breakout or Arkanoid which features 90 beautiful hand crafted levels. Instead of moving a paddle left to right, players draw trampolines that must be timed and angled perfectly in order to smash the bricks. Smashy Brick features the ability to unlock up to 12 characters with unique abilities. Don’t be fooled by the cute characters and environment, the levels can be quite challenging at times!
User group meeting of the week: HoloLens in Miami
On Thursday, June 23 at 6:30PM at the Microsoft Innovation Center in Miami, dotnetmiami hosts a meeting where you’ll be able to try HoloLens and learn how to write applications for it .
- NUnit 3 Tests for .NET Core RC2 and ASP.NET Core RC2 by Rob Prouse.
- Taking the MSTest Framework forward with “MSTest V2” by Pratap Lakshman.
- Visualising the .NET Garbage Collector by Matt Warren.
- What’s new in .NET Core RC2 (podcast) by the Eat Sleep Code Podcast.
- Rise of the IAsyncStateMachines by Szymon Kulec.
- IDisposable trumps APM by Bar Arnon.
- How should a class expose a collection? by jbe2277.
- TreeLib: Balanced Binary Trees – Rank Augmented, for .NET by Programmaton.
- IDisposable and Marshal.ReleaseCOMObject and dynamic in C# by Andrei Ignat.
- ASP.NET Core and .NET Core Overview by Rick Strahl.
- Creating a custom ConfigurationProvider in ASP.NET Core to parse YAML by Andrew Lock.
- Free HTTPS certificates for Docker containers running ASP.NET Core RC2 on Microsoft Azure by Laurent Kempé.
- Asp.Net Core RC1, OpenIdConnect, JWT and Angular 2 SPA – Part 1 and part 2 by Andrej Medic.
- Authenticating a user with LinkedIn in ASP.NET Core by Jerrie Pelser.
- Hybrid model binding in ASP.NET Core 1.0 RC2 by Bill Boga.
- How to create Rest API(Web API) with ASP.NET Core 1.0 by Jalpesh Vadgama.
- F# for the Practical Developer (video) by Phillip Carter.
- Types from data: Making structured data first-class citizens in F# , by Tomas Petricek
- An F# web API in Azure Container , by M Sheik Uduman Ali
- Updated: Getting started with Fable and Webpack , by Krzysztof Cieśla
- Paket 3 Released!
Check out F# Weekly for more great content from the F# community.
- Xamarin.Forms UI Designer is in Beta 1 by Michael Davis.
- Workbooks & Inspector 0.9.0 Released by Aaron Bockover.
- NuGet Support in Xamarin Studio 6.0 by Matt Ward.
- ASP.NET Core 1.0 RC2 support in Xamarin Studio by Matt Ward.
- Password-protected Encryption Provider for Akavache by Kent Boogaart.
- Preview iOS simulator for Windows by Adrian Murphy.
- Xamarin.Forms UI designer beta released by Michael Davis.
- Flip through items with Xamarin.Forms CarouselView by James Montemagno.
- Xamarin.Forms Behaviors: FadeAction by David Britch.
- Shaders Case Study – Hearthstone Golden Cards (Video) by Makin’ Stuff Look Good.
- F# Kit by Noobtuts.
- DotNetCore Tutorial for Unity3d for Absolute Noobs by Nicholas Ventimiglia.
Creating a 2D Platformer (Video) by Sebastian Lague.
And this is it for this week!
Contribute to the week in .NET
As always, this weekly post couldn’t exist without community contributions, and I’d like to thank all those who sent links and tips.
You can participate too. Did you write a great blog post, or just read one? Do you want everyone to know about an amazing new contribution or a useful library? Did you make or play a great game built on .NET?We’d love to hear from you, and feature your contributions on future posts:
- Send an email to beleroy at Microsoft,
- comment on this gist
- Leave us a pointer in the comments section below.
- Send Stacey (@yecats131) tips on Twitter about .NET games .