April 13th, 2016, in Austin
Come out to Austin! The city is home to IBM Watson, Rackspace, and Infochimps, to name a few. We’re happy to add ourselves to that list: after successful events in New York, Chicago, and Seattle, the fourth Data Science Pop-up event will be held in Austin !
Join us for a one-day pop-up related to all matters data science. Don’t miss an incredible opportunity to learn from actual practitioners about the leading edge of data science and the state of IoT. We’ve data science speakers representing industries from Austin, San Francisco, New York and Chicago. The event will kick off with a surprise O’Reilly author book signing followed by a fireside chat musing about the future data science and IoT. That will set the tone for the following talks, including:
- Paige Bailey (Chevron): applications of data science in the energy industry
- Jason Baldridge (People Pattern): interesting segments, viral effects, and scale in social network analysis
- John Akred (SVDS): understanding analysis and resilient systems in the IoT-enabled world of connected devices
- Mike Williams (Fast Forward Labs): exploring social bias in supervised learning, from sentiment analysis to model building
- We are very excited to have Dave Lagassa : VP of Analytics at (Capital One) as our Headliner
In addition to the talks, we’ve brought back our popular workshop track. Stay tuned for details.
Live in Austin? Make sure to register for the Pre-Pop-up Meetup on April 7th — it will feature 2 lightning talks from Austin’s local data science practitioners and the registration is FREE.
Come out to meet your fellow data scientists, data engineers, and data team leaders! We’ll have breaks between the talks as well as two cocktail hours. At 250 attendees, the pop-up is small enough for you to get to know people. Big thanks our sponsors for making the event possible, including Galvanize for the space, Capital One for the food, and Plot.ly for the evening drinks! We look forward to seeing you there!
WHEN: Tuesday-Wednesday, APRIL 12th-13th, 2016
WHERE: Galvanize, 118 Nueces St. Austin, TX 78701
Tuesday, April 12th, 6:00pm-8:00pm CT
Data Science Pop-Up
Wednesday, April 13th, 8:00am-6:00pm CT
FEATURING SPEAKERS: Capital One, Chevron, People Pattern, O’Reilly Media, Domino Data Lab, AT&T.
Post-conference Cocktail Hour brought to you by Plot.ly
Wednesday, April 13th, 6:00pm-8:00pm CT
Registration is now open .