Wander round without being commanded
Dwaler is an navigation system for on your ((motor)cycle) and runs on a Arduino Nano.
- Select destination This allows you to choose between destinations that are uploaded to the dwaler via USB (bluetooth in the future).
- Compass This is the main feature, it shows you where you should be heading, and where you are currently heading to. I even added some custom characters (stored in PROGMEM) to clearly see where you are heading.
This image shows you are almost heading in the right direction, just have to turn left a bit.
This image shows you should turn right (90 degrees)
- Progress This shows you how far away the destination is from your starting point and how far the destination is from your current position. On top of that, it shows a little progress bar for a quick overview.
- Speed This shows you the current and average speed.
- Statistics This shows you the top speed and the distance travelled so far.
- Location Simply shows your latitude and longitude
- GPS Shows if you’ve got a fix, fix quality and the amount of satellites within view.
- Logging Logs your latitude, longitude and altitude to an SD
- Arduino Nano (Others should work as well)
- Adafruit ultimate GPS (MTK3339 chipset)
- Hitachi HD44780 LCD
- Catalex MicroSD Adapter V1.1 (you will need google translate to acquire one of those)
- A button, some wires and a soldering iron
Make sure to add theFat16 library to your Arduino’s libraries folder. Other dependencies are included in the source (for (manual) dead code removal / tree shaking).
(based on gutfeeling)
Q: How do I wire this up?A: Check the dwaler.ino file for pinouts, more on this soon.
Q: Why are some libraries included in the source?A: The Arduino Nano is really really small, as I don’t know enough Assembly or C, I had to optimize the sketch size by removing unused code.
Q: Can you build one for me?A: I am planning on making a PCB and enclosure, I might be able to ship some out, but this is going to take time.
转载本站任何文章请注明：转载至神刀安全网，谢谢神刀安全网 » Arduino based ((motor)cycle) navigation and location tracking