Here . I would recommend registering early because there is a difficult to estimate(*) chance you will not be able to register later.
|Early||Full (after May 7)|
These numbers are as aggressively low as the local chairs and I can sleep with at night. The prices are higher than I’d like (New York is expensive), but a bit lower than last year, particularly for students(***).
(*) Relevant facts:
- ICML 2016: submissions up 30% to 1300.
- NIPS 2015 in Montreal: 3900 registrations (way up from last year).
- NIPS 2016 is in Barcelona.
- ICML 2015 in Lille: 1670 registrations.
- KDD 2014 in NYC: closed@3000 registrations 1 week before the conference.
I tried to figure out how to setup a prediction market to estimate what will happen this year, but didn’t find an easy-enough way to do that.
(**) I kind of wish we could make up the titles. How about: “Go is Too Easy” and “My Neural Network is Deeper than Yours”?
(***) Sponsors are very generous and are mostly giving to defray student costs. Approximately every dollar of the difference between Regular and Student registration is due to company donations. For students, also note that there will be some scholarship opportunities to defray costs coming out soon.